|The Arts & Cultural Council for Greater Rochester is a nonprofit corporation and industry association, which promotes and strengthens arts, culture, and education in the greater Rochester region, including Cayuga, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates counties.
The Arts & Cultural Council provides a broad range of services and programs for the cultural community. Below are highlights of our ongoing initiatives.
- Community Arts Grants – Funding for public arts programming, capacity building for nonprofit cultural organizations, and for the creation of new work.
- Education Through the Arts Grants – Funding for partnerships between schools (grades K-12), artists, and cultural organizations for arts integrated classroom learning.
- Strategic Opportunity Stipends – Funding for opportunities that enhance the career development of artists.
- Shared Services Initiative – A pilot group of cultural organizations working to identify and develop best practices, collaborations, and models for cost efficiencies.
- Metropolitan – A quarterly magazine, published by the Arts & Cultural Council to promote greater Rochester’s rich and diverse cultural industry.
- ArtsRochester.org – A centralized website designed to inform and promote the arts and culture community.
- Annual Arts Awards – A celebration honoring the individuals, businesses, and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the arts.
Planning, Research and Assessment
- Regional Cultural Strategy – Region-wide planning for arts, culture, and education, conducted in partnership with the private and public sectors.
- Economic Impact Study – Research conducted and published by the Arts & Cultural Council, in partnership with Americans for the Arts, documenting the economic impact of nonprofit cultural organizations in Monroe County.
- Additional Research – A variety of studies have been conducted by the Arts & Cultural Council, including a regional arts and cultural development plan, a national survey and study of public art, and a regional cultural diversity assessment.
Member and Constituent Services
- Technical Assistance – Support is available for cultural organizations, schools, and artists in areas including grant writing, strategic planning, board development and fundraising.
- Health Insurance – Access to competitive group rates for health insurance.
- Legal Assistance Program – Access to pro bono legal assistance, available for income-eligible members and budget-eligible organizations, for assistance with issues such as copyright, non-profit incorporation, and contracts.
- The Gallery at the Arts & Cultural Council – Showcases local artists through four-week exhibits.
*The Arts & Cultural Council for Greater Rochester’s grant programs are supported, in part, with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency; the New York Foundation for the Arts; the Rochester Area Community Foundation; and the Genesee Valley Quilt Club.